[GRASSLIST:5279] No vector display

Vidya Kotamraju vidyakr at darya.nio.org
Tue Jan 7 23:43:10 EST 2003

Hi all,
I have a vector ascii file for lines.
The header information and format of the file is as follows...

ORGANIZATION:NATINAL INSTITUTE OF OCEANOGRAPHY
DIGIT DATE:  2002
DIGIT NAME:  grass
MAP NAME:    globedem_goa_vout
MAP DATE:    2002
MAP SCALE:   1
OTHER INFO:  /home/vidyakr/grass5/GrassData/test/PERMANENT/dig_cats
ZONE:        0
WEST EDGE:   73.5999984741211
EAST EDGE:   74.5916651925072
SOUTH EDGE:  15.0583334853873
NORTH EDGE:  15.8000001907349
MAP THRESH:  00.00
VERTI:
L 6
 73.941 15.425
 73.942 15.424
 73.942 15.424
 73.943 15.424
 73.944 15.423
 73.944 15.423
L 14
 73.939 15.425
 73.939 15.424
.............. and so on.

I ran v.in.ascii input=globe_vin output=globe_vout.
After which i run v.support map=globe_vout.
and build the topology information.
Grass then creates an empty globe_vout file in dig_att directory.
At the end of it all there is no vector display.
Where am i going wrong ?????

Another query is that i havent been able to get any info on the header format.
On what basis do we give the map threshold value (i believe this is the
minimum value between 2 points?correct me if i am wrong).
while creating the "test" database i selcetd lat-lon projection.Hence i hv
selected zone value as 0.
Also on what basis do i give map scale info ????

Regards,
Vidya.
Man is the only animal that blushes -- or needs to.
		-- Mark Twain

Kotamraju Vidya
Physical Oceanography Division,
National Institute of Oceanography,