[GRASSLIST:5339] drainage and lineament density maps

Carlos Henrique Grohmann de Carvalho guano at usp.br
Mon Jan 20 14:12:35 EST 2003

Hello all,

So, I'm trying to make a drainage (and a lineament) density map. To do this
I think I could use r.mask and r.stats to calculate the total lenght of
streams channels or anything else within a 500x500m cell. My problems are:

1 - (this should be simple): how to create this mask. it is a raster map
with 500m resolution, were each cell has a unique value (total area=2912
cells).

2 - is there any way to make the entire process a little more 'automatic'?
I mean, can I calculate all at once or should I set the mask for each cell?

thanks in advance.

   Carlos Henrique Grohmann de Carvalho - Guano

       Geologist  -   MSc Student IGc-USP

   Linux User #89721  PGP key: www.keyserver.net