[GRASSLIST:5348] RE: compiled binary

GFernandez-Victorio at IGAE.minhac.es GFernandez-Victorio at IGAE.minhac.es
Wed Jan 22 04:53:33 EST 2003

Hi Roberto:

Grass 4.3 is a bit old. If you are going to start working with
Grass, you should use version 5.0 which is current stable version.

Anyway, I haven't seen the solaris 5.7 precompiled binary. Even
for grass 5.0, there is only a version for solaris (version 8).
Precompiled binaries depend upon people building them, and
for a specific platform probably the best way is trying to
compile yourself (and even giving away your own binary
distribution)

Regards.

Gonzalo