[GRASSLIST:5364] v.digit wishlist

Brent Wood b.wood at niwa.co.nz
Thu Jan 23 18:18:06 EST 2003

As someone new to GRASS, v.digit looks pretty useful. If this is not the
appropriate place to stick wish list requests, can you let me know where?

I have just one request for additional functionality to v.digit (at this
stage :-)

With no digitiser attached (using mouse for input) the POINT mode is the
only input mode available.

What would be invaluable for my use (& hopefully others also think it a
good idea) would be the facility to choose KEYBOARD, so I can type in the
coords to use.

This can be emulated with a script to read the points into a sites file,
the convert to vector & run digit with snapping to these points to get the
mouse clicks to the desired location (rather than in the vicinity of the
desired location), but it would be nice if I could type in the desired
coords for locations in v.digit instead of using the mouse.

This could apply to point & line data, with the extra option of FILE as
well as keyboard, so a text file could be read for the coords instead of
the KEYBOARD (or MOUSE)

I believe this would provide a very flexible vector data entry/edit
facility & make v.digit even more useful.

Thanks,

  Brent Wood