[GRASSLIST:5388] Querying vector data

Brent Wood b.wood at niwa.co.nz
Mon Jan 27 16:11:38 EST 2003

I can't find this in any docs (yet), hopefully someone here can help.

I want to select features/records from a GRASS vector map to create a new
map which is a subset of the original. This is repeated for different maps
& the subsets are then merged into a new vector map (The vectors in this
case comprise points & lines, no polygons).

Can anyone tell me how this is best done using GRASS? It seems a pretty
fundamental capability of a vector GIS, but I can't find how to do this in
GRASS.

Thanks,

  Brent Wood