[GRASSLIST:5422] Re: grass~R

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Jan 31 14:03:37 EST 2003

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, temiz wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am working on grass and R.
> I ran grass, then R like this
>  > library(GRASS)
>  >  G<-gmeta()
>  > tab <- sites.get(G, "f28tabegyo")
>  > names(tab)<-c("x","y","z")
>  > library(spatial)
>  >  dt.ls3<-surf.ls(3,tab)
>  > trsurf<-trmat.G(G,dt.ls3))
>  > rast.put(G, lname="f28tab_tr3", layer=trsurf,cat=FALSE)
> Error in list.GRASS(type = "rast") : No GRASS environment detected -
> start GRASS
>  before entering R
>
> Can anyone explain to me what happened ?

You only get a message like this if rast.put() is being run
with interp=TRUE. However this is confusing, because sites.get()
must have worked correctly! Please note that there is a mailing list for
interface questions at http://grass.itc.it/statsgrass/index.html. Can you
provide more details, interface version number (help(package=GRASS)), on
that list or directly?

Roger

--
Roger Bivand