[GRASSLIST:622] Re: Can't find r.terraflow in the new snapshot sources.

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sat Jul 5 14:32:23 EDT 2003

Antonio G. - Geotronix wrote:

> I've finally got grass snapshot to compile on my Debian Woody. Great
> work guys. Grass is really becomming a neat tool, besides it's
> extrordinary power.
>
> I've some question to make. The initial reason for compiling the latest
> snapshot was to use r.terraflow on my project. But I found out that it's
> not there. So I presume that the defualt installation doesn't
> contemplate it's installation. I read the
> $GRASS_SNAPSHOT_SRC_DIR/INSTALL file and it says that there are modules
> that are not installed by default. It says to go in the 'modules' dir
> and use the gmake5 -i; gmakelinks5 -i procedure to install them. The
> only problem is that I can't find the modules dir.

Actually, it says "the module's directory"; the apostrophe is
significant. IOW, go to the directory for the specific module which
you wish to compile. In this case, that directory is:

	src.contrib/DUKE/r.terraflow

> I tried a "find ./ -name 'terra'" in the source tree but found nothing.

The argument to "-name" has to match the entire filename, not just
part of it; you would have to use a glob pattern (e.g. "*terra*") if
you want to match just part of the filename.