[GRASSLIST:626] Re: creating reclass from dig_cats file

Michel Wurtz mjwurtz at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jul 5 17:07:03 EDT 2003

Moritz Lennert wrote:
> A question: if I interpret this script correctly, it will only work, if
> the attribute label in the dig_cats file created by m.in.e00 is an
> integer. However, if it is a text label, this will not work.

Yes, but this is a "feature" of grass vector files...

> The awk script proposed in
> http://op.gfz-potsdam.de/GRASS-List/Archive/msg08631.html seems to solve
> this problem.

Hmm... I don't really understand what this script add.  I believe that
using a symbolic link on the text label file for the dig_cats file gives
the same result as the script... (except that it will not create another
vector file).

The solution imho is to switch to grass5.1, where attributes are far
better handled.

--
Michel Wurtz - Auzeville-Tolosane