[GRASSLIST:654] Re: Extracting vector river network from r.terraflow.

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at ist.supsi.ch
Tue Jul 8 10:28:52 EDT 2003

Flow accumulation raster provide for every cell the number of cells that
drain into it.
If you have a value of 35478 it does mean that you have 35478 that give
water to that cell: suppone you have a vector of four cell, every cell give
his water to the next, so his flow accumulation will be 1 for the first
cell, 2 for the second, 3 for the third and so on.

About processing your river network as a polyline, i  guess you have to
select a treshold to extract your network from the accumulation (you keep
only the cell with higth accumulation flow, hopefully the river!) than you
have to trasform in vector.....

"Antonio G. - Geotronix" wrote:

--
Ing.  Massimiliano Cannata