[GRASSLIST:702] Re: problem reading adf files from srtm

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jul 11 09:12:43 EDT 2003

Guillermo Felipe wrote:
> hello list,
>
> Can I read .adf files from the srtm with GRASS? I'm trying to import a
> 90m surface with r.in.gdal but I got the next message: "Error 1: Can´t
> find RasterDMS field in Eimg_layer with block list".
>
> Does somebody know about this problem?

Felipe,

Funky.  The RasterDMS field in Eimg_layer message indicates that
GDAL is in the Erdas Imagine .img processing code for some reason.
Do you have .ovr files in the same directory as the .adf files?  I
reviewed the code, and I can't see how GDAL would be automatically
selecting an erdas overview file but it would almost sound like that
is what is happening.

What exact command did you use?  What are the contents of the
coverage directory?  (perhaps you could provide an ls -l output?)

Best regards,