[GRASSLIST:768] Re: p.map.new & rast2gif (in GRASSLinks)

Shinichiro HAYASHI forest at bres.tsukuba.ac.jp
Tue Jul 22 02:21:17 EDT 2003

To Xueming:

Thank you very much for your advice.
Your advice is very useful for me.

Dear GRASSUsers

I tried to changed one part of "rast2gif" command.

p.map.new $SCRIPT  2> $TMP_PATH/p.map.check.$$

And I executed GRASSLinks, then I saw "p.map.check.$$" file.

contents of p.map.check.$$--------

cp: cannot create regular file `/paint.ppm': Permission denied
ERROR: ppm driver: unable to open printer port /paint.ppm
ERROR can't read from ppm driver

-----------------------
I have little idea about meaning of this error messege.

And I have some questions.

1) Where does GRASS want to make `/paint.ppm' file? root directory?

2) Is this problem concern with permission?
ex) "ppm" file or where GRASSLinks wants to make "paint.ppm" file

Please give me your advise.
Thank you in advance.
Sincerely yours.

contens of my PPM driver (/*/grass5/etc/paint/driver.sh/ppm)----
:

HRES=100.0
VRES=100.0
NCHARS=1

TEXTSCALE=1
TEXTFUDGE=0
TEXTSPACE=1
BLOCKSIZE=1
BLOCKSPACE=1
NBLOCKS=1

MAPLP=${MAPLP-$HOME/paint.ppm}
WIDTH=800
HEIGHT=800
cp /dev/null $MAPLP
export HRES VRES NCHARS MAPLP WIDTH HEIGHT
export TEXTSCALE TEXTSPACE TEXTFUDGE BLOCKSIZE BLOCKSPACE NBLOCKS

exec ${PAINT_DRIVER?}