[GRASSLIST:773] Re: FIX: gdal/v.in.dgn support with grass 5.0.2

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 15:49:11 EDT 2003

Hello Frank

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> My *suggestion* would be to make v.in.dgn optional, dependent on whether
> the appropriate components are installed, and to try to deal with DGN
> primariliy via the OGR link in the new GRASS.

Yes you are right; I see now that the most elegant way of accessing the
dgn format is through OGR and that external programs like GRASS should not
bother with the component libraries that are helpers to OGR.
Makes sense to me now, thank you for the insight.

We could just add --with-dgn and --with-dgn-includes as options to the
GRASS configure script then to help the people who want to use this older
module.

Paul