[GRASSLIST:808] Re: problems compiling grass5.1 on RH-9

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Jul 24 17:11:32 EDT 2003

enils at twctex.lidar.net wrote:

> > The GRASS 5.1 snapshots require the corresponding CVS HEAD version of
> > 5.0 (i.e. the contents of the CVS HEAD as of the snapshot date).
> >
> > They won't work with any of the released 5.0.x source packages, or
> > with the CVS release branch of 5.0. They may not even work with a CVS
> > HEAD snapshot of 5.0 if the dates of the 5.0 and 5.1 code are too far
> > apart.
>
> I got my grass 5.0 release from this link:
> http://grass.baylor.edu//grass5/source
> Is that the correct one or should I be looking for another one?

The primary site is:

	http://grass.itc.it/index.html

However, 5.1 won't work with any of the "release" versions, as it
relies upon features which are only in the development versions of the
5.0 branch.

If you want to compile 5.1, you need to obtain the 5.0 code either
from CVS or from a CVS snapshot.