[GRASSLIST:275] Re: r.proj

Sean Fulton fulton at cmu.edu
Sun Jun 1 16:04:10 EDT 2003

On Sunday 01 June 2003 06:26 am, you wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Sean Fulton wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to project some raster data from Lat/Lon/GRS80/NAD83 to
> > Albers/Clark66/NAD27. The data was downloaded from USGS NED site as
> > GeoTIFFs and imported using r.in.gdal without problems.
> >
> > When trying project the data, r.proj does its thing and appears to work,
> > however the range of data as shown by r.info for the newly projected
> > rasters show a min and max that are the same. On successive attempts the
> > vaules for min and max were 0, nan or -2147483648.
>
> What GRASS version are you using and what information does r.proj output
> to the screen? What is in the PROJ_INFO files (output of g.projinfo
> command). For projection information created by r.in.gdal the datum name
> may be in capitals and may need to be changed to small letters (e.g. NAD83
> to nad83) by manually editing the PROJ_INFO file, depending on which GRASS
> version you are using.
>
> Not really suggestions for solving the problem but the extra information
> might shed more light on it...

Thanks, Paul, that information pushed me in the right direction. I had set up
the Lat/Lon location manually and imported the maps. I tried importing them
to a new location using gdal (r.in.gdal in=file out=map location=latlon2) to
set up the location. Projection from this new location worked! And the datum
is in upper case. The projected maps look fine (except for color tables but I
could manually copy those).

I've include the g.projinfo for both Lat/Lon locations in case this is useful
to anyone (or anyone can explain what I did wrong).

Regards

	Sean

>From the first latlon location (manually set up):
PROJ_INFO file: