[GRASSLIST:327] Re: How can I do for getting a lake's area?

Malte Martin malte at geog.fu-berlin.de
Tue Jun 10 03:25:06 EDT 2003

Alip.Yasin wrote:

Hi,

of course you can do that. You just have to digitize the lakeborder or
get it from another source (e.g. arial photo) and export it to a raster
map.  with the help of r.report you'll get the area of the lake. to
spare computing time I would mask the area out. i'm not quite shure if
v.area does the trick for vector maps.

Malte