[GRASSLIST:349] Re: a huge matrix ?

orkun temiz at deprem.gov.tr
Wed Jun 11 06:26:54 EDT 2003

>orkun wrote:
>

>>I have a huge matrix containing 7 column and 10500 rows.
>>Each columns stand for different maps. Each rows represent "unique"
>>combinations of catagories of maps and probability values
>>of each row.
>>Something like:
>>
>>              map1  map2 map3 ... prob
>>1   cat1       x     x    x        x
>>2   cat2       x     x    x        x
>>.     .
>>.     .
>>10500 .
>>
>>So I have 10500 if-clause to create a probability map.
>>I tried r.mapcalc (as from a text file) but grass gave "stack overflow"
>>error.
>>

>I'm not surprised.
>

>>Is there anyone making suggestions ?
>>

>You need to describe your problem in more detail; it isn't clear what
>you are trying to calculate.

Thank you for your interest

You wanted to know the problem in more detail:

what I did:
1- using r.stat command I produced a text file for statistical calculations
2- using R statistical package I produced probability results of each
map's for each categories.
it means 7 columns of maps 10500 rows plus probability of each
combination.   Actually it is a contingency table. Any data in table
(matrix) is resulting  from unique combination of maps and their
categories.
3- I want to port these results to grass to create a  map (of landslide
susceptibility map) . Firstly I thought I used r.mapcalc with piping
from text file. But because text file contains a huge matrix that is
made up of 10500 if statement (for same  number of  rows) process failed.
I attached a part of text file after modifying for r.mapcalc. you  see
all ifs are unique.

might it be a solution, if I divide the text file to smaller parts and
produce diffent maps , then add these maps with r.patch (or r.mapcalc) ?

kind regards

Scanned and protected by Inflex
http://pldaniels.com/inflex

The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the sender's own
and do not necessarily represent the views and the opinions of Earthquake Research Dept.
of General Directorate of Disaster Affairs.

Bu e-postadaki fikir ve gorusler gonderenin sahsina ait olup, yasal olarak T.C.
B.I.B. Afet Isleri Gn.Mud. Deprem Arastirma Dairesi'ni baglayici nitelikte degildir.