[GRASSLIST:380] Legends

Soil & Water Lab. swlab at cornell.edu
Fri Jun 13 14:45:49 EDT 2003

Hello,

I have several questions, all related to legends.

* What's the status of 'legend' in NVIZ ? Any implementation yet ?

* When displaying the legend of a CELL map, *all* the categories are
displayed, when in fact, one would be interested only in the categories
really displayed.  Actually, it's worse: if your categories are not
continuous (eg 10,11,12,27), the legend reports *all* the categories from the
smallest to the largest, when one would expect only the categories defined
(in the previous example, I have 18 labels in my legend, when I only need 4).

Is there an easy work around ? I thought about reclassifying the map to get
successive categories, but of course, I lose my colors.
Do you think this could be implemented for a next version ? (Maybe by adding
another option to d.legend, like "display only the categories listed in the
first column of the 'colr/map file' )".

* Now, the opposite problem:
 Is there a way to force GRASS to display a legend based on a given color
table, even if some categories are missing ?
For example, I have a FCELL map with values in the range 0-1000. The legend
starts at the lowest category (say, 127) and ends at the largest (say, 851),
when in fact, I expect a display from 0 to 1000.
Here again, any work around ? (apart forcing one of the cells to 0, and
another to 1000 ?) Could it be implemented for a next version ?

Thanks for any idea.

P.

--
Soil and Water Laboratory