[GRASSLIST:435] Re: m.in.e00 question

Michael Ash mash at econs.umass.edu
Thu Jun 19 16:34:35 EDT 2003

Could I ask for a bit more clarification on this matter?  I
have had some difficulty with .e00 files and the associated
dig_cats/ files that are created.

When I have chosen the "-i" option of m.in.e00 and then
copied the resulting dig/, dig_att/, and dig_plus/ files to
correspond to the various dig_cats/ files, I have mismatches
between areas on the map and the associated dig_cats labels.
The problem does not occur when I omit the "-i" option of
m.in.e00.  So my conclusion had been to omit the "-i"
option.

However, Michel's post suggests that "-i" is the appropriate
option because coverage-# can be shuffled by subsequent
processing while coverage-ID is fixed.  I would be grateful
for clarification.

Best regards,

Michael