[GRASSLIST:441] Re: Relentless segfaults from execvp

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri Jun 20 05:12:19 EDT 2003

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Jim Hettmer wrote:

>   We are trying to use GRASS 5.0.2.  Every attempt (binary, recompiling)
> fails.  Running with ddd we get a segfault in execvp when  invoking
> r.in.gdal to import data.  (Redhat 7.3)

Are you using the --with-gdal option in the configure script? This might
be better as it links directly to the GDAL library and doesn't use the
'gdalbridge' code in GRASS. I have a nagging suspicion that it may be out
of sync with the current GDAL API and causing the segmentation faults
(although I could be totally wrong). If this is true however, using an
older version of GDAL may also be something to try if you don't want to
recompile GRASS.