[GRASSLIST:467] Re: dem rescale

Martin Wegmann baliola at riseup.net
Mon Jun 23 09:44:05 EDT 2003

hello,

> Are you working in a UTM Projection?

Yes UTM WGS84

> Does r.describe -r reveal a range of 1-65000 or 1-255?

r.desrcibe shows a range of 1-65280

> What color table are you using on the import file? If it's grey.eq, all
> values above 255 will appear white. Try changing the color table to
> grey/gyr/ryg and try again. Should work.

I changed with r.colors the color table to ryg but still only a minority of
the pixels are displayed (the same as before)
d.profile didn't show as well the other values
d.what.rast is still prompting the values for the "white" areas (all above
255).and nviz is visualizing the values above 255 still as plateau.

further ideas what might be wrong?

thanks Martin