[GRASSLIST:473] Re: awk?

Sjors jkwast at freeler.nl
Mon Jun 23 11:56:30 EDT 2003

Moritz Lennert wrote:

>Sjors said:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I want to add new values to a site file form another sitefile. How to do
>>this with awk?
>>I'm thinking it's got to be somethhing like:
>>
>>awk F=|, /*? {$3} file1 | cat file2
>>

>>Somebody got an idea?  It's not completely right, but how to specify the
>>columns in the second file, actualy create column in second file?
>>

>I'm not sure I understand completely what you want to do:
>
>file 1
>
>0.000|0.000|#1 %5
>
>file 2
>
>12.3
>
>result
>
>0.000|0.000|#1 %5 %12.3

I made it this one.  By first getting file 2 to be in 12.3 format (and
not the orginal site file format 0.000|0.000|%12.3) with awk -F| {print
#3} file 2 > test1.
Then I did paste with paste -d ' | ' file1 test1. Just thought it might
be done easier but this it I think. Maybe put it all in a script.
Orginating idea is the following. I've made a dem with contourlines
converted to sites. Then because of  segmented views  I used r.random
to get more sites.  Now these random sites and contoursites give
adequate dem.  On the dem with r. mapcalc for different soil types I
adjusted the depth of soils (so dem for soiltype A = dem - depth). Now
for the same sites I want to have dem-depth for reinterpolation.

Thanks anyway, it's working.