[GRASSLIST:474] where is $LOCATION set

Erin ODoherty eodoherty at fs.fed.us
Mon Jun 23 13:24:26 EDT 2003

I am really out-of-date with GRASS.  I finally installed  GRASS 5.0.2 on a
PC running Mandrake Linux and I am having trouble with the environment
variables.  When I get into the first screen in GRASS I enter :
Location: hayden
Mapset: erin
Database: /files/data

but if I type cd $LOCATION it puts me in /home/erin.  I tried putting a
symbolic link there, but that didn't help.  Obviously I have something set
wrong and I can't find where $LOCATION  is set to see if I can change it.
(I installed as root, and then remembered that I was supposed to do it as a
regular user.  I then tried the latter and it didn't work, so I went back
to being superuser and reinstalled.  I guess it could be a problem with
permissions.)
Thanks for any advice.

Erin O'Doherty
eodoherty at fs.fed.us