[GRASSLIST:486] Re: where is $LOCATION set

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Jun 24 04:46:22 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 01:50:19PM -0700, Hal Mueller wrote:
> I don't think it is set anymore.  When I launch, cd $LOCATION gives
> Undefined variable.  g.gisenv shows reasonable settings for all of
> the variables, but none of them seem to end up in the environment as
> they did in Grass3/4.

http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/grass/NEWS.html
-> What's new in GRASS 5.0.0pre4
   "Source Code:

    * etc/Init.sh: $LOCATION does not exist any more, instead it is
      constructed in every script with g.gisenv locally now (enables location
      switching)
   "

>  Tricks like
> "alias cdmap   'cd $GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET'" don't work for
> me now, but I haven't taken the time to track down why.

Write it as:
alias cdmap 'cd `g.gisenv GISDBASE`/`g.gisenv LOCATION_NAME`/`g.gisenv MAPSET`'

in BASH:
alias 'cdmap=cd `g.gisenv GISDBASE`/`g.gisenv LOCATION_NAME`/`g.gisenv MAPSET`'

Cheers

 Markus
--
Markus Neteler     <neteler at itc.it>       http://mpa.itc.it
ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica