[GRASSLIST:541] Re: Shipping data with GNU/Linux distributions

Luis E Menoyo lemenoyo at usgs.gov
Thu Jun 26 15:56:19 EDT 2003

If I can get permission from the USGS to use SDTS 7.5min quad data for
distribution with GRASS  would it be of interest?  I was thinking of
packaging SDTS DLG, DRG, and DEM data for a particular quad as part of a
small tutorial on importing data.  The selling point to the USGS would be
exposing GIS users to the SDTS data distribution standard.

Although doing import/export tutorials for every eventiality of data would
be imposible, mabe we can do some small tutorials of the most commonly
used types of data files.  After the tutorial the user should be more
comfortable with GRASS' import/export capabilities and thus feel more
capable tackling the import of other data formats.

Luis.

Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it>
Sent by: owner-GRASSLIST at baylor.edu
06/25/03 09:47 PM