[GRASSLIST:588] X Grass / cygwin / startxwin.bat

Dave Sampson drsampso at mail.lakeheadu.ca
Mon Jun 30 22:59:27 EDT 2003

NOTE: Respond directly via-e-mail as listed above please

error
$ startxgrass.bat
xmodmap:  unable to open file '/etc/X11/Xmodmap.127.0.0.1' for reading
xmodmap:  1 error encountered, aborting.

using:
startxgrass.bat

os:
win xp
cygwin
xwin
x11r6 lib

setup:
c:\os\cygwin\usr\local\grass5

status:
text based grass works
text base to tcltk& works
xwindows port does not work properly

what I've tried
I tried manualy moving grass/etc/x11 dir to c:\lang\etc\x11 but the system still hangs, but the xwin windows pop up for the GISDBASE/LOCATION.... screen

re-installed xfree86 files from cygwin setup... nothing happened

changed \'s to /'s cause I thought there might be a error (that messed things up more of course)

tried running startxwingrass.bat from the home dir c:\os\cygwin\home\d400s
it failed due to not finding xwin32...

I did a search and only found xwin.exe no xwin32

any ideas... any experieince