[GRASSLIST:5755] r.mapcalc...compiling confusion

Matt Doggett mdoggett at coas.oregonstate.edu
Fri Mar 7 19:14:26 EST 2003

I've noticed that r.mapcalc behaves differently now when running
interactively (in Grass5 from grass4.3)

In grass4.3, after every command, r.mapcalc would execute the command
immediately.  Now,  r.mapcalc executes the command(s) only *after* you
have exited r.mapcalc with either 'exit' or 'end'.

Now comes the funny part,  if I compile grass5 in its entirety by
running 'make' from the grass installation directory, I get *new*
behavior from r.mapcalc.  However, when I compile *only* the component
r.mapcalc (in src/raster/r.mapcalc type 'gmake5'), it will revert back
to the pre-grass5 behavior (which is the preferred behavior)!

So, my question is, why would the component r.mapcalc be compiled
differently and behave differently depending on whether I do a "global"
make vs. a component-only gmake5???  It doesn't make sense that the
component method would yield different results.

md

Matt Doggett

Spatial Climate Analysis Service

Oregon State University