[GRASSLIST:5801] Shell script recognition

David Orme d.orme at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Mar 19 07:51:51 EST 2003

Hi all,

This may be a unix question rather than a grass question:

I've written a simple shell script ('spot.select.sh') which I want to
use from within GRASS. I've put the script in $GISBASE/scripts
(following 'Open Source GIS: A GRASS GIS approach') …

> GRASS 5.0.0 > ls $GISBASE/scripts/spot*
> /usr/local/grass5/scripts/spot.select.sh

… but when I try and run the script, this happens …

> GRASS 5.0.0 > spot.select.sh
> spot.select.sh: Command not found.

My interpretation of this is that GRASS doesn't recognize the command,
although it could mean that there is something within spot.select.sh
that isn't found.

The script contains simple instructions to start up R, perform a few
simple tasks using R/GRASS and then drop back into grass5.

Does anyone have any pointers?

Thanks,
David.