[GRASSLIST:5864] Help with polygons

John Doucette doucettj at gbis.com
Tue Mar 25 11:26:19 EST 2003

Well from earlier questions that have gone unanswered -  I guess no one is
using grass with digitizing tablets.  So I will try another tack.  I want to
use Grass in preference to ArcView, MapInfo, ...  but have one all-consuming
issue.  How to make polygons.  Thought I had it when I explored v.in.dxf.
Unfortunately Grass does not make polygons out of dxf files only line or
point features.  Have been trying to find a way in Grass to convert closed
polylines to polygons using v.support and v.build.polylines.  No luck so
far.  Have spent way too much time searching the web and going over man
pages.

Don't have much hair left to pull out.  Can anyone suggest a method to make
polygons in Grass or in files imported from Cad programs??