[GRASSLIST:5870] Trouble with v.in.dxf

Kurt Springs ferret_bard at mac.com
Tue Mar 25 22:29:20 EST 2003

Hi Folks

I finally got the GIS data for County Sligo yesterday.  These were made by
the Ordinance Survey, of Ireland, and are in dxf format.  I thought I would
have more luck with them, but still no joy.

I used the tcltkgrass interface to run v.in.dxf.  I put the Map_8C.dxf in
where it said file.  (I opened this file in Illustrator to view the layers,
but did not save it.)  I typed in all the line layers (CONTOUR_10,
CONTOUR_20, etc.) where it asked for line layers. Then typed in the
CON_TEXT_50 layer where it asked for the data layer.  I put in CON as a
prefix.  When I hit run, it seemed to see the data file, but not the line
files.  Needless to say, I got no usable vector files. Can you see where I
went wrong.  I wonder if they used a windows based program, and if the line
breaks are formatted to windows?  Or do Windows and UNIX use the same line
breaks?

Thanks for any help.

Kurt