[GRASSLIST:5887] Location with Portuguese georef system parameters

Miguel Repas mrepas at fc.ul.pt
Thu Mar 27 08:33:21 EST 2003

Hi. I am new to GRASS and I have a full dataset georreferenced in the
portuguese military system that I would like to import to a Grass
session:

Projection: Gauss
Elipsoid: International
Units: Meters
Datum: Lisbon
Coordinates: Lat/Long (military)
Origin: Fictitious point West of Cape S.Vincent

Is there a way to create a location with these parameters since they are
not listed with the others when creating a new location? Alternatively,
how could I convert them to, say, UTM - ED50 - International elipsoid?

Cheers,
Miguel

Miguel Repas
Centro de Ecologia e Biologia Vegetal
Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa
http://cebv.fc.ul.pt