[GRASSLIST:5901] Found work around for v.in.dxf

Kurt Springs ferret_bard at mac.com
Fri Mar 28 20:55:08 EST 2003

Hi folks,

For once, I think I get to contribute a solution.  I had been having a
problem with the module v.in.dxf.  It didn't want to see the line layers of
the .dxf files.  I had down loaded the program CADintosh 4.3 and opened the
files in that, then resaved the .dxf file under that format.  I used the
options and set it back to version 10 and the format to Latin1, windows,
sun, etc.  I don't know if that last part was necessary, but it worked.  Now
I am in business.

Just two questions.  Did the labels layers attach them selves to the vector
files, or are they still separate?  Also, in order to use NVIZ do I have
convert the file with in.dxf3d?

Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions.

Kurt