[GRASSLIST:27] Re: Raster cutting

H Bowman hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 04:34:04 EDT 2003

> Is it possible using GRASS to cut out demanded shape of raster difined
> by polygon geometry? I am looking for tool like v.cutter but for
> raster layer.

If you have a *labeled* vector area already, just use v.to.rast then
r.mapcalc. Easy.
v.line2area, v.digit, and v.llabel might help you along.

If you just have coordinates, try r.in.poly with r.mask or r.mapcalc.
I use this all the time, works great. v.in.ascii can be useful too.

Read the r.in.poly, v.in.ascii, and r.mapcalc man pages anyway.

g'luck,
Hamish