[GRASSLIST:41] Re: mapset creation (and can't search archives?)

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu May 15 11:50:43 EDT 2003

Kirk R. Wythers said:
> I just imported some georeferenced raster maps into grass (first via a
> tmp LOCATION, then into a "real" LOCATION via r.in.gdal) However, they
> came into their "real" LOCATION in MAPSET permanent. I want to create
> several new mapsets within this location that refer to different map
> sources (I'm a victim of my own need to organise).

I might be over simplifying your problem, but all you have to do to create
a new mapset is launch grass in text startup modus (grass5 -text) and
write the name of the new mapset you want to create in the line MAPSET,
press  ESC-ENTER and then confirm that you want to create a new mapset.
Once you're finished creating the new mapsets, you can launch grass5 in
the graphical startup again (grass5 -tcltk).

Question for developers: would it be possible to include the creation of a
new mapset into the tcltk startup ?

Moritz