[GRASSLIST:53] Re: Newbie Region Problems

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri May 16 06:25:11 EDT 2003

Markus Neteler said:
> On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 01:45:03PM -0400, R. Sean Fulton wrote:
>> At 6:00 PM +0200 2003/05/15, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>> >R. Sean Fulton said:
> [...]
>> >
>> >Have you tried the Tutorial at http://grass.itc.it/gdp/grass5tutor/,
>> >especially the chapter called "The GRASS Region" ?
>> >
>> >Moritz
>>
>> Thanks, Moritz. I hadn't come across this document before.
>>
>> 	Sean
>
> Should we somehow restructure the web site? Suggestions are
> always welcome! I feel that the pages related to the issues
>
> - new user and GRASS usage
> - new programmer and GRASS programming
>
> should be improved/added/whatever.

I would actually plead for integrating them into the GDP. People should
see one link on the home page called "Documentation" and within those
documentation pages they should be orientated according to their needs,
i.e. first-time user, general user, programmer, etc... That way we could
reduce the number of links on the home page (for example, do we need a
special link to doc on simulation models on the home page ?).

Does that make any sense ?

Moritz