[GRASSLIST:110] Re: Shapefile import

Matej Cepl cepl at surfbest.net
Wed May 21 11:33:44 EDT 2003

On 2003-05-21, 01:13 GMT, Edmund Blackadder wrote:
> i have trouble importing an Arcview shapefile...When i check the "List
> database" option it says no DBF or worng format,which is not the case
> I think.

Do you have physically .dbf file available? DBF is fairly universal
format, so you can try to view it in some other program (either import
with pg.in.dbf if you have PostgreSQL installed, or more easily into
some spreadsheet -- most of them can read DBF) and check that it is OK.

BTW, one note (which I overlooked and wasted a plenty of time with
that): v.in.shape.pg IS DEPRECEATED and useless (just in the case, you
would like to use it). Plain v.in.shape works well (5.0.0pre4).

Matej

--
Matej Cepl,