[GRASSLIST:156] Reading/writing maps [was Re:GRASSLIST:144 Considering replacing ESRI]

Soil & Water Lab. swlab at cornell.edu
Fri May 23 17:14:18 EDT 2003

> > Or better yet, write a Python interface to the C API so
> > that I could read and write to the rasters directly from Python!
>
> If you want to get the raw cell values without using C, you can read
> the output from "r.stats -1 ...".

Quite interesting.
And now, reverse question : is it possible to create a raster from stdin ? I
was having in mind to send the output of "r.stats -1", play with it, and send
it back to...to...to this mysterious command that may not even exist, without
having to write any file on the hard disk. Of course, you have guessed that I
do not speak C.
Thanks for any idea.

--
Soil and Water Laboratory