[GRASSLIST:177] Re: Reading/writing maps

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sun May 25 13:27:00 EDT 2003

Glynn Clements writes:
 > One question: how do you handle nulls?

I don't know how David handles it, but Python has a native 'None' value.

 > For handling rasters, you wouldn't need to use all that many
 > functions; e.g. r.mapcalc only uses 49 GRASS functions.

Still, you never know what people are going to want to do in Python.
Better to just wrap everything, and let people at it.

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | "I have officially heard
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | every excuse for being