[GRASSLIST:219] Re: Postgresql connectivity

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Tue May 27 08:59:46 EDT 2003

Check the permissions in the pg_hba.conf file, which should be in
/home/vaish/psqldata. At the bottom you should have something like:
host  all  all  127.0.0.1  255.255.255.255  trust

psql is probably connecting via a socket, while GRASS is connecting via ip.

Rich

At 06:10 PM 5/27/2003 +0530, you wrote:

>hi,
>   I am currently working on Linux 7.1 platform with GRASS 5.0.0
> environment and Postgresql as database. I have created my login and
> password.GRASS is working fine.When I want to work on database, I login
> as root (su and password) in the GRASS prompt and then type the following
> line :
>/home/vaish/bin/postmaster -i -p 5432 -D /home/vaish/psqldata >logfile 2>&1 &
>where postmaster is in /home/vaish/bin directory and psqldatabase is in
>/home/vaish directory (in my system).
>After executing the above line, I exit the root (through Ctrl-D) and try
>to access a database by the command g.select.pg.
>By executing the command "g.select.pg database=test"  (for example taking
>'test' as a database). I get the following error:
>
>Error: select Postgres:could not connect to server:Connection refused
>       IS the server runningon host localhost and accepting
>       TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>Although g.select.pg -l is working fine and is displaying all the
>databases in the  UNIX catalogue.
>
>What is this error ?
>Can anybody help ?
>
>uttam.