[GRASSLIST:1687] Re: Mailing List Archive

Stephan Eickschen eicksch at gfz-potsdam.de
Wed Nov 5 07:43:04 EST 2003

>> How much data is there in total to be saved.
>> Even if we cannot find somebody to host it yet,
>> we might at least save the current archive in a state that
>> is easy to reconstruct once we find someone to host it again. :)
> 53Mbyte uncompressed Unix mail file, gzipped 12.5Mbyte...
The gzipped Mail file can find at
	ftp://ftp.dfd.dlr.de/put/eicksch/GRASS-List-200310.gz
Everbody is welcome to download it at use it for his purpos. The web
archive (currently) takes 57.411 MByte. If anybody would like to set
it up like I did it for the (moved) GMT Mailing List Archive at
	http://wegener.mechanik.tu-darmstadt.de/GMT-Help/
I will try to give any possible assistance using procmail/hypermail.
Any other way (such as using a web site which hosts many archives)
will have to be done by somebody else.

Regards,

Stephan

Stephan Eickschen                      Tel. :      +49 (0)8153 28-1351
GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam (GFZ)     Fax. :      +49 (0)8153 28-1207
Department 1, Section 1.2
c/o                                    email:   eicksch at gfz-potsdam.de
DLR Oberpfaffenhofen                   www  : http://op.gfz-potsdam.de
Box 1116