[GRASSLIST:1752] Re: Re: Newbie - error: d.dmrc doesn't exists

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Nov 13 07:37:17 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Jakob Lanstorp wrote:

> > I believe this means that you are using PERMANENT as your working mapset.
> >Have you tried starting GRASS in a different mapset in
> > the location?
>
> The sample data spearfish and the global dataset only seems to have one mapset
> present, i.e. the PERMANENT one ?

Depending on whether you start GRASS in graphical or text mode, the way
you create a new mapset differs; in text you enter the new mapset name,
and confirm that you want to create a new mapset. If your file system
permissions will not let you, create the mapset directory as root user,
and chown it to your login.

--
Roger Bivand
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no