[GRASSLIST:1799] Re: how to read gml file in grass57

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Nov 18 08:31:15 EST 2003

hamdi ines wrote:
> hello,
> i m installed grass57, openev,xerces
> i m trying to read a gml file using many way:
> 1.
>  >ogr2ogr gml chess.gml..
> the result is
>  >unable to read chess.gml using the following driver:
> Tiger, GML, SHAPE........
> 2.
>  >d.vect input=chess.gml output=test
> the result is:
>  >libpq.so.3 not found
> please can you help me to read this gml file and how resolv problem with
> the libpq.so.3.
> thankyou.
> INES

Ines,

Is HAVE_XERCES set to yes in the gdal/GDALmake.opt file?  If not, you will
need to reconfigure and rebuild GDAL taking great care to include Xerces in
the build.  I would strongly advise using a nightly snapshot instead of 1.1.9
if this is what you want since a number of GML and Xerces config improvements
have been made in recent months.

If you are built with and using xerces then I would suggesting sending the
GML file directly to me and I will see if I can figure out what is wrong.

Best regards,