[GRASSLIST:1830] Re: 5.0.3 compilation problems

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Nov 19 15:33:54 EST 2003

David Orme wrote:

> I'm building 5.0.3 on my Mac (OS 10.2.8) and I get compilation errors
> with a lot of proj involved modules (similar list to Byron Amerson's
> recent post  - Grasslist:1729).
>
> As an example from a build log:

> > ld: Undefined symbols:
> > _pj_get_kv
> > _set_datumshift

GRASS includes and uses a modified version of the PROJ library. These
symbols are present in the modified version, but not in the standard
version. Unfortunately, the Mac's linker uses the installed version in
preference to that included with GRASS.

> Can anyone suggest a solution?

Two alternative approaches:

1. Remove, rename or move the dynamic PROJ library (probably
libproj.dylib) which is installed on the system, so that it can't be
found when building GRASS. You can put it back afterwards.

2. In src/CMD/generic/make.mid, change the lines:

	DEPGPROJLIB    = $(LIBDIR)/libproj.a
	GPROJLIB       = -lproj
to:
	DEPGPROJLIB    = $(LIBDIR)/libgproj.a