[GRASSLIST:1883] RE: configuring Grass5.03 on Debian

Jim Browne jbrowne at liu.edu
Tue Nov 25 10:36:46 EST 2003

Glynn,

  The last part of the logfile states:

configure: failed program was:
#line 4793 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid and error. */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply. */
char deflate();

int main() {
deflate()
; return 0; }

If this is a small test program, I don't see what it does. When compiled on
its own, the compiler complains "undefined reference to deflate" and stops.

However, when I add:
  #include <zlib.h>
then it only complains of "too few arguments to function 'deflate'" before it
stops. What is this testing, and how do I get around this?

   Thanks,

            Jim