[GRASSLIST:1895] Re: mysql,pg drivers for 5.7

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Wed Nov 26 10:42:55 EST 2003

On Nov 26, 2003, at 4:17 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 09:10:02AM -0500, Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:
>> Yes, I was using Markus' binary, which based on the configure script
>> he
>> pointed me to was not compiled with either database driver. I am
>> trying
>> to compile it myself now.
>
> If you manage to do that (shouldn't be too difficult), could you
> publish the binaries? I would appreciate if someone could take
> over on a (ir)regular basis for MacOSX.
>
> Markus
>
> PS: The machine I was using didn't contain PG etc.
>
>> C.
>>
>> On Nov 25, 2003, at 8:59 AM, David Orme wrote:
>>
>>> Are you using the binary version provided for Mac OS X by Markus
>>> Neteler? I've downloaded the same thing and it works fine (Thanks,
>>> Markus) but has the same limited set of drivers (dbf, shp) - I've
>>> been
>>> assuming that the binary was built without postgres, mysql and odbc
>>> support in order to reduce the set of dependencies and make the
>>> binary
>>> more portable. If this isn't the case, I'd like to work out how to
>>> get
>>> pgsql and odbc too but I suspect I need to configure and build my own
>>> copy if I want a postgresql and ODBC support.
>>>
>>> David

I think I have everything configured properly, however when I try and
build, I get the following errors. Any ideas? I scanned the list
archives, but did not find anything helpful:

cd OBJ.powerpc-apple-darwin7.0.0;
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=:/usr/local/src/grass57_exp_2003_11_22/dist.powerpc-
apple-darwin7.0.0/lib ./test
ERROR in read/write portable short
   Written: -32768
   Read   : 0
ERROR in read/write portable short
   Written: -12345
   Read   : -57
ERROR in read/write portable short
   Written: 12345
   Read   : 57
ERROR in read/write portable short
   Written: 32767
   Read   : -1
make[3]: *** [OBJ.powerpc-apple-darwin7.0.0/test] Error 1
make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make: *** [default] Error 1