[GRASSLIST:1411] compiling GRASS with tcl8.4

Mon Oct 6 08:30:32 EDT 2003

Hello,

(sorry if you received this mail a few times - I already tried it several
times to send the mail on the list, but it neither appeared in the archive
nor did I receive my own mail or any responses - but anyway, that's what I
wanted to ask.....)

I compiled the GRASS source 5.0.2

./configure --with-gdal --without-gd

it stopps with the message:

checking for png_read_image in -lpng... yes
checking whether to use GD... no
checking whether to use Tcl/Tk... yes
checking for location of Tcl/Tk includes...
checking for tcl.h... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate Tcl includes.

but I have tcl8.4 installed
baliola at diomedea:~$ dpkg -s tcl8.4
Package: tcl8.4
 Tcl is a powerful, easy to use, embeddable, cross-platform interpreted
 scripting language.  This package contains everything you need to run
 Tcl scripts and Tcl-enabled apps.  This version includes thread support.

why does GRASS not recognize tcl?

--without-tcl ends as well in the same output as inserted above.

any idea? thanks in advance cheers martin

P.S.: I want to use the r.series.diff patch provided by glynn clements and did
patch<r.series.diff - I don't have to do --with-..., do I? It should be
compiled automatically, am I right?