[GRASSLIST:1415] Re: r.patch geotiff-mosaic wrong color problem

Juergen Ambrosy juergen.ambrosy at ewetel.net
Mon Oct 6 12:29:06 EDT 2003

Thanks for replying, Mr.Greenwood, Mr.Warmerdam,

Mr. Greenwood, could you explain which steps are necessary to preprocess the
8bit-tiff images with Gimp, so that all use the same color palette?
If possible I want to avoid using 24bit geotiff, I think gdal can't even
import 24bit geotiff, only 8bit. So I need r.in.tiff to import and
georeference it afterward which I want to avoid, too.

--
Juergen Ambrosy

juergen.ambrosy at ewetel.net