[GRASSLIST:1439] Re: r.patch geotiff-mosaic wrong color problem

Helmer Schack-Kirchner Helmer.Schack-Kirchner at bodenkunde.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Oct 8 03:41:39 EDT 2003

We had the same problem, but we solved it within GRASS:
1.step: Import the 24-bit image with r.in.gdal (produces three GRASS
raster maps: red, green, blue)
2.step: change the colormap of the channels (red, green, blue) with
r.colors  map=... color=grey
3.step: put these modified  channels together with r.composite r_map=...
g_map=... b_map=.... output=....

-> The output of r.composite has an unified colormap and can be patched
(or be put together with r.mapcalc) without any color-problems.
Best regards,
Helmer Schack-Kirchner

--
Dr.Helmer Schack-Kirchner
Institut für Bodenkunde und Waldernährungslehre