[GRASSLIST:1465] Importing rasters without coordinate system

Kris Nackaerts knackaerts at gmx.net
Fri Oct 10 09:43:41 EDT 2003

Dear,

I'm new to GRASS and experimenting. I have a location specified and want
to import some rasterdata (aerial imagery) that is not referenced yet. I
have this data in A/I ASCII GRID format. When I try to import it, I
loose evrything, since it's ll corner coordinates as defined in the
header are outside the LOCATION - region. Do I specify a dummy location
and import all files here before registring the images, or is there a
more elegant solution?

Regards,

Kris