[GRASSLIST:1495] Area in multi GRID

Uttam Kumar uttamkumar123 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 01:35:31 EDT 2003

Hi all,
       I have a raster map. I have overlaid a grid of 1/2 degree x 1/2
degree on my raster map with v.mkgrid. In order to find the area, number of
cells and categories for a single grid, I changed the region settings as
g.region rast=raster_map n=NORTH, s=SOUTH, w=WEST, e=EAST with that single
grid in the area of interest with north, south, east, west boundary.
then I used r.report to to find the number of pixels, categories, percentage
and their area for a single GRID.
Now what to do if the map has more than 200 grids and I need to calculate
the area, number of pixels, number of categories in each grid ??? Manual
work of doing the region settings for each grid would take a long time and a
tedious work. I am sure it is possible in GRASS. How ? I found this possible
in MAPINFO and IDRISI. Please help.

regards,

uttam.