[GRASSLIST:1502] Re: rescale & histogram tails

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Oct 16 03:25:04 EDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 09:47:04AM +0200, Kris Nackaerts wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have another question. I have airborne imagery, but I need to rescale
> them to increase contrast.

Why not using r.colors to apply another color table?
Integrated into a script, you can do "any" statistics to
apply a custom color table.

[...]
> I need to do this for hyperspectral CASI imagery (it's just
> for visualisation, but still). Have 78 images  that I want to rescale.

E.g. for Quickbird satellite data the "aspect" color table
just works great for RGB visualization (at least for the scene
I have tried).

Cheers

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler at itc.it>       http://mpa.itc.it
ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica